Slip and Fall Accidents Attorney Garden Grove, Arcadia, Rosemead, Colton
According to the National Safety Council, slip and fall accidents are one of the largest causes of emergency room visits today and the third largest cause of accidental death. Slip and fall accidents can be minor but also life-changing. Unfortunately, slip and fall accidents can lead to severe injuries requiring costly medical intervention and subsequent care.
You May be Entitled to Compensation
If you have been injured due to a slip and fall accident in Garden Grove, Arcadia, Rosemead, Colton, or in any of the surrounding communities in Southern California, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Call the experienced slip and fall injury lawyers at Braff Law Professional Corporation to understand your legal rights after a slip and fall accident.
What Constitutes a Slip and Fall Accident?
Slip and fall accidents are ones where a person slips, trips, or falls and sustains an injury as a result of another’s negligence. These accidents can take place on both public and private property and are due to a danger or hazard that the owner may be liable for. Slip and fall accidents hinge on negligence which is often difficult to prove. That is why having the advice and support of an experienced slip and fall lawyer is important after such an accident.
Some common injuries that happen due to slip and fall accidents are
- Traumatic brain injuries and head injuries — the most common cause of traumatic brain injuries are falls, according to the Centers for Disease Control. In fact, falls cause approximately 40 percent of TBIs in the US that require emergency room treatment or hospitalization. A TBI can be a minor concussion or a severe injury that can result in cognitive impairment or other life-changing symptoms.
- Hip fractures — According to the Centers for Disease Control, over 95 percent of hip fractures are caused by falls. These often require hospitalization and surgery followed by physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Other fractures and broken bones — broken bones and the surrounding tissues often require surgery and subsequent physical therapy and rehabilitation. These can often lead to chronic pain issues.
- Soft tissue injuries — soft tissue injuries may not always be immediately apparent and, if left untreated, lead to chronic pain,
- Spinal cord injuries — spinal cord injuries can be life-changing and result in extraordinary pain, limited mobility, and often, temporary or permanent paralysis.
Negligence in a Slip and Fall Accident
Proving negligence in a slip and fall injury can be complex. It requires proving several things:
- Proving that the conditions causing the accident were dangerous
- Proving that the owner knew or should have known about these conditions
- Proving that the owner had a reasonable amount of time to repair the conditions that led to the fall.
Although proving negligence in slip and fall claims can be difficult, the experienced slip and fall lawyers at Braff Law Professional Corporation have the experience, skill, and resources to assist victims of slip and fall injuries to get the compensation they deserve.
If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident in Garden Grove, Arcadia, Rosemead, Colton, or any of the surrounding communities in Southern California, call the expert slip and fall attorneys at Braff Law Professional Corporation for a no-cost consultation.