Public Transit Accident Attorneys in Garden Grove, Arcadia, Rosemead, and Colton
When we use or share public space with public transportation, we never do so thinking we will be involved in an accident. In fact, many of us rely on public transportation every day to get where we need to go trusting that they will get to their destination safely. Public transit of all types is entrusted to get passengers safely to their destinations and most operators are highly trained and responsible. But the reality is that public transit accidents do happen. And when they do, you deserve to have a legal professional on your side.
If you were injured in an accident involving a method of public transit in Garden Grove, Arcadia, Rosemead, or Colton, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Whether you are injured as a passenger, another driver, or a pedestrian, if you are hurt in a public transit accident, you deserve to have your rights represented.
A Higher Standard of Care
Under California law, public transportation carriers are held to a higher standard of care than other transportation. This standard also applies to the employees or agents of the carrier. Under these laws, the business may be held liable for the negligence of any of its employees or agents.
Accidents can often happen due to
- Drivers who are fatigued
- Drivers who are distracted
- Drivers who have worked too many hours
- Lack of training
- Negligent hiring practices
- Drivers who are impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Lack of maintenance
- Dangerous infrastructure
- Dangerous road conditions
Public transportation has many different parties that are involved in daily operations which can make bringing an injury claim complicated. This is why it is important to get the advice and support of an experienced public transit accident lawyer.
At Braff Law Professional Corporation, we have decades of experience representing clients who have been injured due to public transit accidents in Garden Grove, Arcadia, Rosemead, Colton, and throughout Southern California. We will investigate the accident and make sure that the responsible party is held accountable. These can include:
- Buses — the liable party may be the driver, the bus owner, a municipality, the bus manufacturer, another passenger, another driver
- Taxis — the liable party may be the driver, the company, the manufacturer, a parts manufacturer, the servicing company, another driver
- Rideshare entities such as Uber and Lyft — the driver, another driver, the passenger, the rideshare company
- Limousines — the driver, the owner, another driver, a passenger, the servicing company
- Commuter trains — a conductor, the maintenance tream for the rail system, the service team the company
Drivers of public transit can cause accidents due to improper turning, turning without signaling, rear-end collisions, head-on collisions, broadside accidents, failure to observe a pedestrian’s right-of-way.
Call an Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Garden Grove, Arcadia, Rosemead, and Colton
If you were injured as a passenger, a driver, a pedestrian, or a bicyclist due to a public transit accident in Garden Grove, Arcadia, Rosemead, Colton, or a surrounding community, contact the experienced public transit accident lawyers at Braff Law Professional Corporation. We can represent your legal rights to compensation for your injuries. Call us today for a no-cost consultation.